2012 Nissan Versa consumer reviews

$10,990–$13,120 MSRP range

side view of 2012 Versa Nissan

76% of drivers recommend this car

Rating breakdown (out of five):

  • Comfort 4.one
  • Interior design three.eight
  • Performance 3.7
  • Value for the money 4.1
  • Exterior styling 4.0
  • Reliability 4.two

Beware of CVT transmission

I've had my car for 3 years, and the CVT transmission is shot. Every mechanic I have talked to has said these transmissions are junk. They are non able to be rebuilt by a mechanic, but the manufacturer, and Nissan only offers a one yr warranty on replacement transmissions, not roofing labor.

Testify full review

Prissy little car for the price

This was a dainty machine and our college pupil girl really likes information technology. It's small merely comfortable, and has decent features for a automobile of this size and price point. It's not a high-performance car, just rides nicely and is easy to drive.

Show full review

Great little machine

Have had this car a few years now. No problems yet with 60k miles on information technology. Lots of interior room, and even more than room with folding down seats in hatchback. Gas mileage is expert, only non great. Car is zippy though, and is good in snowfall. I am a petty surprised how much I like it.

Testify full review

Pleasant Surprise in purchase of Versa SV i.6

I bought this car for my daughter every bit a early graduation nowadays in Jan 2014 to have back to school for an off campus internship during her last semester. It was "used" with 20K miles and 14 months remaining on the manufacturers warranty. I was a bit concerned with the Consumer reports rating just subsequently a test bulldoze the daughter and I where convinced it was a great bang for the buck. I own a Mercedes C300 4matic and the Versa has much more than interior room and a much bigger body, all the same outwardly they are nearly identical size. The bluetooth cell audio is meliorate than the Benz as well. Next matter that actually stood out was the overall comfort. We met our daughter in Indiana at schoolhouse for Jump break and collection her car to Hilton Head, SC (800 mi.). The married woman and I are in our mid-50'due south and we were very pleased with the ride and we averaged only nether 39 MPG,( 3 passengers and 4 suitcases). The Versa does not take much pickup, but is very capable belongings highway speed even through the mountains. I think the Versa is a great school auto or commuter, most of all terrific value in the meaty class.

Show full review

Great little machine!

Bought a used '12 nissan got a pretty skillful bargain on it. I have the SV model, and just dear information technology. It is and then quite and smooth riding! There is surprisingly a lot of room inside and very comfy. The gas mileage is amazing for a iv door sedan. The only thing is that it takes some time getting used to the CVT transmission; very different feeling, and does not advance quick enough, But i heard it lasts longer than regular manual. Overall a cracking little commuter car! Highly recommend for the value

Show full review

Most economic motorcar I've ever owned.

PRO: Averaging 36 MPG, 40+ on highway alone. CON: Paint on car probably my but complaint--chips too hands.

Show total review

Aye , I'd buy it aagin

My Versa Hatchback has washed everything I've asked it to do. Yous won't feel like your trapped in a economy mini machine when you drive the Versa. I institute information technology to be very competitive with like models past other manufactures without looking like a bargain basement special. The CVT is so dissimilar to what I'm used to , merely if I don't dwell on it , information technology seems to do the task only fine. NO rattles , well put together. I'd add a built in garage door opener, factory window tint, and maybe ameliorate loving cup holders , other than that , everythings good.

Testify full review

So far not very well pleased overall. I do like v

So far not so pleased. I do like the openness and the roominess just the engine is but a piffling underpowered. The price I paid was not what was originally quoted. Didn;t similar the sales pressure of two salesmen. I should take walked abroad. my mistake

Bear witness full review

No reliability

No reliability!!!!!!! This car is piece of junk. The paint peels off all effectually the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fifty-fifty in cracks of lights where you can not achieve. Not from concrete impairment. I went to Nissan dealer for windshield pillar paint peeled off, they said it might by from physical impairment. Second time the paint peeled off in crack of dorsum light of Quarter console, they take that this is warranty issue but they need 2-3 day for fixing information technology... and no providing car.... I take problem with door window, only I practise non desire even telephone call them, they will demand 5 days for repair it and I volition demand to rent a auto. Cheaper will be to pay for fix. Even contacting global Nissan practice not helped. Do not but this auto, it is piece of junk. light Nissan was skillful machine years ago, but now.....

Show full review

Nissan Versa SV

Bought this Versa at Town Center Nissan, Have not had it long enough to give y'all an experienced review. I can the computer sayd i'm getting 32.5 MPG average. Afterward checking by filling it upward twice now. I got 31.6 the starting time fillup and 29.2 on the 2nd. with virtually 95% City Driving. The CVT manual definitely has me wondering if we made the right choice as yet. MPG is skillful,price on vehicle was good. CVT gets some getting utilise too. make sure yous test drive information technology uphill,downhill,starts and stops a few times before you decide.

Show full review